Who We Are
We are an independent agency, and property consultants. We aim to help our clients find their ideal property in North Western Spain. We will need some personal information about you in order to do this.
This document will help you understand what we do and why we do it. If you still have any concerns, then we list some ways in which we can help address them.
We will not sell any information about you to anyone.
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it ?
If you use our web site:
Like any web site, when you use our site, our server will record some technical information about your computer and your web browser. We use this to monitor the performance of the site and investigate faults. We will remove these logs after 3 months.
We also use the following external services which could potentially track information about you:
- Google Analytics – we use this to collect information on the general usage of our site. We do not allow them to collect personal information about you.
- Wordfence – this an external security service which helps to protect our site against hackers. They may use some personal information in order to help us protect our site.
Our site also uses some cookies – these are small files placed on your computer, which help the site recognize you, and remember choices that you’ve made previously.
If you subscribe to our new properties mailing list:
We will record:
- your email address – so that we can email you new properties
- your name – to include in the email (“Dear name…”)
- (optionally) your price range – so that we don’t send you properties outside your price range
We only use this information to email you details of new properties.
If you choose to unsubscribe, we will delete your information immediately.
If you contact us with a general enquiry:
We will record the information you enter on our contact form:
- Your Name
- Your Phone number
- Your Email Address
- Your enquiry
We need this information in order to help answer your enquiry. We will keep it for 2 years from your last enquiry.
Depending on your enquiry, we may pass on your name to one of our partner agents, or to a property owner, together with some general information about your enquiry. We will not pass on your phone number or email address.
If you ask us to arrange for you to view a property:
In this case, we will need to send your details to one or more of our partner agents, or property owners in Northern Spain. Will send them:
- Your Name
(to identify you to the agent, and to help confirm our claim to our fee from the agent should you buy a property)
- A means of contacting you during your trip.
Normally, this means at least one of:
- Your Phone number
- Your Email
(so that the agent can contact you about the appointment, with directions, changes, etc.)
- The properties you wish to view.
- Any general information you have given us about the type of property you are searching for (so that they can suggest other properties you might wish to view).
We will retain this information for 2 years, however, should you purchase a property through us, we will need to keep your details on file for up to 6 years for tax purposes.
What can you do if you have any concerns ?
- Contact us – You can use our contact form or email, to ask us about anything that’s troubling you about our site.
- Change your browser’s settings – You can set your browser to not accept any cookies from us (see these instructions for help doing this). Alternatively, you can use your browser’s “Private” or “Incognito” mode (see here).
Please note: If you disable cookies, parts of this site will not work correctly.
- Ask us what information we hold about you – Write to us using our contact form or by email and we will supply you with a list of the information we have in our records about you. We will send you this within a month of your request. In most cases, this is a free service – however, if you make repeated requests for the same data then we may charge you in order to cover our costs.
- Ask us to correct any mistakes in the data we hold. Write to us with details of the mistake, and we will correct it within a month.
- Ask us to remove you from our records. Write to us, by email or using our contact form and we will remove you from our records within 1 month.
This version published on: 22nd October 2018